Cottonwood RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Happened in the Game on 09/17/16?

Go down

What Happened in the Game on 09/17/16?  Empty What Happened in the Game on 09/17/16?

Post by Father Dugal Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:36 am

Eric likes certain gaming tropes. We saw evidence of that when our science fiction characters basically went on a trip through feyland. Another favorite motif is this: lightning is Eric's element of choice when dealing out damage to the players. Case in point, Calen got a little too close to a "ghost" Fibonacci in the machine and this essentially happened...

What Happened in the Game on 09/17/16?  Tumblr_n51688nUZX1rawb5do1_400

Now I have used this gif multiple times in conjunction with a lightning strike, so I'll go ahead and throw in this one too...

What Happened in the Game on 09/17/16?  Sparky

Then when all was said and done we returned home and saw a few ships heading for new Detroit. The ships were not these exactly, but they certainly represented a sense of unease we started feeling...

What Happened in the Game on 09/17/16?  Maxresdefault

And at it's head,  the dread fleet had this as its flagship...

What Happened in the Game on 09/17/16?  Azhanti

Like I said, our GM does love make his lightning references whenever he can.

And when all this went down, a little ditty started playing through my head. And it went a little something like this...

It's a good bet the Empire knows we're here...and I'll confess I've used this music a multitude of times to describe the times when we encounter the might of the enemy, in space or anywhere else. There must be another theme I could use to adequately portray the vibe of "Man, we're screwed." Perhaps there is one full hour of it...

Last edited by Geffert on Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Father Dugal
Father Dugal

Back to top Go down

What Happened in the Game on 09/17/16?  Empty Re: What Happened in the Game on 09/17/16?

Post by Father Dugal Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:47 am

This has nothing to do with the post above. I juse like Youtube videos of John Williams conducting his own classic movie themes...

Father Dugal
Father Dugal

Back to top Go down