Cottonwood RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened in the game on 1/24/15

2 posters

Go down

What happened in the game on 1/24/15 Empty What happened in the game on 1/24/15

Post by Father Dugal Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:42 pm

So, what were the events of last week's game? While they were many and varied, I can easily sum them up into a single picture. Here it is...

What happened in the game on 1/24/15 Thor-destroyer2

Yes, we successfully escaped the Elven kingdom (due to the disturbances that Jon's character started) and this was the reason why. Yes, perhaps he needs to be a little shorter and a little more golden, but the fact remains we were saved by a dude dressed in armor with a solid face plate. I'll leave it up to you to decide who this is.

Once again, our characters manage to travel enter a kingdom and bring it to point of entirely collapsing by the time we leave. We are beginning to act a lot like Yor: the hunter from the future. Who is Yor, you ask? Just a man, a typical barbarian man with the power to destroy more fledgling races and civilizations before breakfast than the Roman Empire did in a century. But still...

Yor's World. He's the man! And so are we.

What happened in the game on 1/24/15 YortheHunterfromtheFuture-KeyArt
Father Dugal
Father Dugal

Back to top Go down

What happened in the game on 1/24/15 Empty Re: What happened in the game on 1/24/15

Post by Casey Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:08 pm

Hmmm yes. Armor. It is useful when fighting, well, just about anyone. It's not too shabby to have when set upon by an Elvish assassination squad.

Which begs the question. Does the Elvish Kingdom keep these assassins on hand just in case someone needs to be killed? Have they been used in the last few centuries? Or are they an active unit commonly used in Elvish politics?

At any rate, having piles of magical armor is neat, but not necessarily a game changer when fighting an undead Giant wight.

And why did you have to post that Yor poster? That made me look it up, and now I might have to watch it just to see the worst cinematography known to man. Razz
Casey
Casey
Admin

https://cwrpg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What happened in the game on 1/24/15 Empty Re: What happened in the game on 1/24/15

Post by Father Dugal Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:02 am

And why did you have to post that Yor poster? That made me look it up, and now I might have to watch it just to see the worst cinematography known to man.

What? Hate on Reb Brown? The man who forever burned his smug visage into cinema cells like this:

What happened in the game on 1/24/15 Space-mutiny1

But I kid. Yor: Hunter from the Future is one of those movies I'd like to add to my movie collection one day. I mean how can you compete with a film that has an action sequence that happens a little like this:

Yep. He's so cool he kills a giant bat, so he can use its carcass to make a glider and fly into the enemy camp. If there is not a thing of awesome better than this, I'd like to see it.

By the by, you can watch this movie in its entirety on Youtube.

Father Dugal
Father Dugal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:05 pm

Yikes. I retract my previous comment. This movie could finally make the captive crew of MST3000 go insane.
Casey
Casey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Dugal Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:06 pm

Yikes. I retract my previous comment. This movie could finally make the captive crew of MST3000 go insane.

I think the only thing that stopped them was a potential licensing issue. That's why they stuck with old movies or those of the dusty movie bargain bin whose production companies had gone under and their employees had gone into the fertilization business.

You can watch a rather amusing review of the movie done by the Spoony Bard ofThe Spoony Experiment fame, broken into three parts. This review is what made me aware of this movie's existence.

Father Dugal
Father Dugal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:03 pm

More than 20 minutes of previews? Sheesh, I might as well just watch the movie and then take a cyanide capsule after the best parts.

The Spoony Bard? Haha! I get the reference!!!
Casey
Casey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Dugal Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:30 pm

The Spoony Bard? Haha! I get the reference!!!

You do? That's impressive because this is a very obscure reference.

A golden emoticon followed by an emoticon with a pirate patch for you... sunny pirat
Father Dugal
Father Dugal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:57 pm

I really, really, really, really, really liked FFI* and FFII. And yes I did play them enough to remember the spoony bard reference.

*One time I was at a Scouting event with Heber (yes, that Heber). We were playing some sort of a team challenge, and Heber and another - even bigger - boy tossed me over a suspended rope. Long story short my arm ended up being broken. Did I go to the hospital? No, afterwards I went to Heber's house, 'cause he had an NES and FF. I played that for three hours or so, broken arm and all, until my parents came to pick me up. Only after the Final Fantasy happiness was over did I end up going to the hospital.
Casey
Casey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down