Cottonwood RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A "Lets Play" Youtube introduction to Traveller

3 posters

Go down

A "Lets Play" Youtube introduction to Traveller Empty A "Lets Play" Youtube introduction to Traveller

Post by Agent Tash Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:30 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHV3YfowV90&list=PLTvwKQHVid4b7wj48L4zgJL2VWfQ99Orp&index=7

Check out the rest of his Traveller game sessions if you have the time. He is using the Mongoose version of the rules, and much of what he says doesn't apply to GURPS or my campaign. He also tends to take liberties with physics I object to. Otherwise he is a good basic primer.
Agent Tash
Agent Tash

Back to top Go down

A "Lets Play" Youtube introduction to Traveller Empty Re: A "Lets Play" Youtube introduction to Traveller

Post by Father Dugal Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:50 am

I like this video; it's is a four-minute summation of a Traveller gaming session retold entirely through the magic of miniatures and miniature settings. I wish we had access to all that awesome.

This game was played using the old Traveller rules.

Father Dugal
Father Dugal

Back to top Go down

A "Lets Play" Youtube introduction to Traveller Empty Re: A "Lets Play" Youtube introduction to Traveller

Post by Father Dugal Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:49 am

Here is the video that Eric submitted above.

Father Dugal
Father Dugal

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Dugal Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:32 am

And from that same series above, here are the videos of the crew meeting for the first time...

Father Dugal
Father Dugal

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Dugal Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:36 am

And this is the first session of another Mongoose Traveller game played using the Roll20 system, so its a tad more visual than the other series above.

Father Dugal
Father Dugal

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Dugal Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:38 am

DICE ROLL?

Only d6. Why no rolls for the d20?

(That is wacky. I did a few random rolls using the die table near the bottom of the post reply screen. When the results came back, the forum registered me as the roller, but the response on the right side fell to the administrator. Chaos pure and simple see we here. )

Last edited by The Son of Dior on Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Father Dugal
Father Dugal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:38 am

The member 'The Son of Dior' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'D6' : 5, 5, 5

--------------------------------

#2 'D6' : 5, 2, 4
Casey
Casey
Admin

https://cwrpg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:41 am

Yeah, fairly useless app.
Casey
Casey
Admin

https://cwrpg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Dugal Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:06 pm

Yeah, fairly useless app.

I wouldn't say that. If I bring my laptop to a game, that's what I'll be using for my dice rolls so that they will all be marked down in the forum for everyone to see. That way I can spend my Sunday evenings reliving those days of die-rolling glory next to a roaring fire in a long chair holding a snifter of 100% blueberry/cranberry juice. I ask you, is there any better way to spend a weekend evening?
Father Dugal
Father Dugal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down