Cottonwood RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are we a salvage crew or are we trying to save the galaxy?

3 posters

Go down

Are we a salvage crew or are we trying to save the galaxy? Empty Are we a salvage crew or are we trying to save the galaxy?

Post by grumpit Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:05 pm

I have to admit that I am starting to become frustrated with the pace of the game and our focus. It seems that all anyone wants to do is spend 70% of the game trying to salvage EVERYTHING we come across.

Are being tracked by the Imperial Scout service and are running out of time? Is one of our crew members going to starve to death? No problem lets spend a month of game time stripping a ship we found.

Are we being tracked by a stealth bounty hunter ship? no problem lets go on a shopping spree!

Are we still being dogged by all of the above and are in orbit of world that is listed as off limits by the Imperium? Are there two still smoldering wreaked Imperial ships that had been guarding the planet in orbit? No problem lets take our time to salvage the ship that destroyed them.

grumpit

Back to top Go down

Are we a salvage crew or are we trying to save the galaxy? Empty Re: Are we a salvage crew or are we trying to save the galaxy?

Post by Casey Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:01 pm

Hmmm from your comments last night, I would say that you're less interested in saving the galaxy and more interested in fleeing to the other side of the galaxy. Wink

As far as what happened when Casey was in hypersleep, I can't say, because he was sleeping. But as far as the games in which he has participated, yes, I'd say that we're on track to save the galaxy, as far as a small desperate band of somewhat remarkable individuals can.

Still, there has to be balance in what we do. Yes, we're in an awful hurry. But, we need equipment to achieve our goals of Saving the Galaxy. None of us is named MacGyver. Very Happy We need a ship - preferably the best we can get our hands on - as well as food, weapons, and other supplies. For example, if our ship had no weapons, that fight with the fighters would have gone much differently...
Casey
Casey
Admin

https://cwrpg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Are we a salvage crew or are we trying to save the galaxy? Empty Re: Are we a salvage crew or are we trying to save the galaxy?

Post by Father Dugal Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:58 pm

For example, if our ship had no weapons, that fight with the fighters would have gone much differently...

That's precisely my point. It may take up gaming time, but those extra weapons and engine upgrades translate into us still being in one piece with slower propulsion instead of being dead in space with no way to defend ourselves.

no problem lets go on a shopping spree!

As far as shopping sprees go, I tend to agree with you. There's been far too much of that in the past couple of games. I'd propose that any and all purchases for characters should be done during the week some time so that it doesn't take away from actual game time. In any case, I doubt our characters will be going shopping any time soon based on the remote planet we find ourselves on now.
Father Dugal
Father Dugal

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Dugal Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:02 pm

are we trying to save the galaxy?

I didn't know that was our ultimate goal here. I thought we were just trying to scrape by. Suspect Suspect Suspect
Father Dugal
Father Dugal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum