Cottonwood RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symbol Cipher

2 posters

Go down

Symbol Cipher Empty Symbol Cipher

Post by Casey Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:12 am

Symbol Cipher Symbol10

From the top, going clockwise:

Doom

Air

Death

Fire

??M

Earth

Life

Water

As you can see, I'm not sure what that fifth word is. The last letter is likely M; the second could be the letter U. If this is the case, there are several possible words that it could be, with the first letter not being a letter already used. None really make sense with the other letters, but the one that is the least nonsense is "SUM". However, if my guess that the first word contains a double vowel (which must be OO, meaning that the word must be DOOM) is wrong, then that fifth word will be completely different.

If anyone else has come to any conclusions I would be interested in hearing them.
Casey
Casey
Admin

https://cwrpg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Symbol Cipher Empty Re: Symbol Cipher

Post by Father Dugal Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:03 am

The last letter is likely M; the second could be the letter U. If this is the case, there are several possible words that it could be, with the first letter not being a letter already used. None really make sense with the other letters, but the one that is the least nonsense is "SUM".

My conclusion is this: a band of pirates made the symbol. If this were the case, the fifth word should logically be "RUM." They probably included it to keep the word in their minds always, so that it should never be entirely gone. For if the rum is gone...oh the lamentation and the questioning. "Why is the rum gone?"
Father Dugal
Father Dugal

Back to top Go down

Symbol Cipher Empty Re: Symbol Cipher

Post by Casey Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:43 pm

Got it.

Doom = Moon

Sum = Sun
Casey
Casey
Admin

https://cwrpg.forumotion.com