Cottonwood RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murder Hobo's

2 posters

Go down

Murder Hobo's Empty Murder Hobo's

Post by grumpit Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:52 pm

I am not saying Jon is a murder Hobo... but he didn't know the term so this is for him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMpR8UM2wjo

grumpit

Back to top Go down

Murder Hobo's Empty Re: Murder Hobo's

Post by Casey Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:54 am

Hahahaha!

Loved it.
grumpit wrote:I am not saying Jon is a murder Hobo...

Yes you are.

Reasons for being a murder hobo (a rebuttal):

1. Lack of Social Rewards

Nah. In Traveller, there are times when being more social and less homicidal are very well rewarded. Despite torturing and/or killing the odd prisoner here and there, Casey will almost always try to talk his way out of a fight, or sneak around. In the Strahd campaign, social interaction was necessary, and I think we did a good job. There were so few people that we needed all the friends we could get, and the dangers were so real we needed as few enemies as possible.

2. All your NPCs are dicks

Also nah. We have some actual friends/allies that put their necks out for us in Traveller. In Strahd, they needed us so badly that with some deft diplomacy we were able to gain fast friends who were willing to die with us.

3. Players are not invested

Unlikely. I will need years of therapy to cope if Casey dies, and in last year's campaign we were enjoying exploring the world so much the game lasted months longer than expected.

4. The players don't believe in consequences

No. Eric is will frequently base an NPCs behavior off of a previous encounter with the PCs, even if that encounter was years ago.

5. The players don't feel like they have choices

Traveller is a sandbox. Strahd was a sandbox. There are no rails, just past choices that create present circumstances.

6. They don't realize it

Nope. Casey is a thoughtful individual who thinks a great deal about his actions. Certain snowflake characters Callin whine and complain when someone else makes that choice, but they're glad that the choice was made, and was made by someone else.

7. Your players are just dicks

Now we're getting somewhere!

Murder Hobo's Jon10
Casey
Casey
Admin

https://cwrpg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by grumpit Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:01 am

Other then #7 and a tiny bit of #4 I dont think that really fits our group.

Though i will say the party never spares anyone that has fought the party. If you cross swords with us it can and will only end one way.

grumpit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum