Cottonwood RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ravens Home.

2 posters

Go down

Ravens Home. Empty Ravens Home.

Post by grumpit Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:53 pm

Ravens Home is a small village high in the Veridian Mountains, the Eastern border of the Empire of Vartis. Ravens Home is on the opposite side of the Mountain range, it is nestled at the base of the downslope opening out to a large valley plain high in the mountains.
Ravens Home has been of little note or value to most, other than many who wish to flee the Empire or those foolish enough to venture into the unsettled and cursed lands of the Dark Creep below the mountains. The discovery of a silver mine about 1 days travel outside the village 8 years ago has brought trade and burgeoning prosperity to some.

Population 200ish, it is in constant flux.
80% human
30% Gnome.

Last edited by grumpit on Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

grumpit

Back to top Go down

Ravens Home. Empty Re: Ravens Home.

Post by grumpit Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:16 pm

Empire of Vartis has stood for over 1000 years as a beacon of hope and civility. The Empire is mostly human but is home many races. There is a large population of Elves that live in the southernmost part of the Empire centered around the port city of Tirel. The Empire is 400 miles at its widest east to west and 580 miles north to south. The Empire is mostly temperate but the southern parts of the Empire extend into subtropic.

The capital of Vartis is a sprawling city of over 500k people and is home to the greatest centers of learning both magical and the mundane that is known to exist.
The Arcanum of Ordenthral is the center of magic teaching and study.
The Temple of Renlos is the primary religious authority of the Empire.
The University Vartis is renowned throughout the land as the most prestigious and oldest school of man.

grumpit

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Dugal Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:45 pm

The Temple of Renlos is the primary religious authority of the Empire.

Do you have any further information about this order of Renlos? I'm most likely going to turn Father Dugal into a GURPS character.

And if that character dies in the silver mine, (Hey let's face it. This is Alex's game, so people are going to die in the mines. Trust me on this one.) I'll bring back a character I haven't played in years and see if he holds up in 4th edition.

Grel might be making a comeback.
Father Dugal
Father Dugal

Back to top Go down

Post by grumpit Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:17 pm

Renlos is the god of light, sun and summer. While the Empire allows people to worship whatever god they see fit, Renlos is the official state religion.

The tenants of Renlos are Compassion, forgiveness and that all can find redemption if they truly seek it.
The followers are expected to give aid to any who are truly in need.
The holy symbol is a golden sunburst with an opal gem in the middle.
The Order of the Holy scepter are Paladins of Renlos who know that not all will choose to be redeemed and fight to protect the righteous.

grumpit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum