Cottonwood RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome and Goodnight Night Vale

Go down

Welcome and Goodnight Night Vale Empty Welcome and Goodnight Night Vale

Post by Father Dugal Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:38 pm

I don't normally pitch a podcast, but there is not a podcast I know of that is quite like

Welcome and Goodnight Night Vale Mza_7086226647782067744.600x600-75

I'll begin with the basics. This podcast is set in the fictional desert town of Night Vale. The show is a news program from a community radio station which reports the happenings, traffic, weather, and news of the town. What makes this show a little odd is that Night Vale is not a typical forgotten desert town in the middle of nowhere. Think of a story crossing Twin Peaks with H.P. Lovecraft mythos told in the style of Garrison Keillor's Lake Woebegone monologues, and you have the basic idea of what Night Vale is all about. Add in conspiracy theories about government control, a town council that talks in unison, a dog park that no dogs or people are allowed to visit, women who have angels as their best friends, heavenly lights floating above an Arby's, and a five-headed dragon that wants to be mayor and maybe, just maybe, you'll get an inkling about what this show is trying to accomplish. I'm also afraid that description only scratches the surface of what goes on in this town.  

Jon and Eric. This show has convinced me beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are both proud members of the Sheriff's Secret Police.  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil 

In case you hadn't figured, I highly recommend listening to an episode or more of  the show. If you do, I'm sure you'll want to hear more.  

I will however give one disclaimer. Any nondescript hooded figures or blurry men in dark suits that may appear at your front door step or materialize at your window cannot be faulted to either myself or to the good folks of Night Vale.

Episodes of the show can be listened to here or you can download them on iTunes.

http://podbay.fm/show/536258179

What?

Who's that?

Why, a variegated energy blob is tapping on my window again.  That's the fourth time this week.  alien alien alien
Father Dugal
Father Dugal

Back to top Go down